While these cinnamon buns don’t taste like the regular ones that I grew up on, they are enjoyed just as much. I used the same dough recipe as in the Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Pull Aparts. I like this basic dough recipe, it can be used for so many different things.
A couple things worth mentioning, like any gluten free dough, the wetter the dough the better. So when you are rolling it out, to spread the filling on, try not to use too much flour. As least as possible, or the dough will dry out and be crumbly after it is cooked. Also cut them into 12 thick cinnamon buns, and put into a 9×12″ pan. If you don’t put all 12 in the pan, your cinnamon buns will spread out and go flat. Yes they may seem really tight in there but that is ok, it is good.
- See Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Pull Aparts for the dough recipe
- 1/2 Cup Butter/Margarine
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (more or less depending on your love for cinnamon)
- 1 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- Make the dough and let rise as directed
- Mix butter/margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to make a rectangle
- Spread filling mixture over entire rectangle
- Gently, roll into one long cylinder
- Cut into 12, evenly
- Place into 9×13″ pan doing 3 wide and 4 long
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes
- Top with icing (I prefer the cream cheese icing)